First Senior Group News
The First Senior Group has increased staff further with Mike Holborn joining the Sales and Marketing division as Group Sales and Compliance Manager.
Mike has an intimate knowledge of our market having been in the industry for over 30 years and has a wealth of experience in Sales, Marketing, Production and Product Development.
After completing his degree in Life Sciences, Mike started work in antibiotic research with Glaxo but soon moved into the commercial side of business. He has held senior management and board appointments with Fogarty plc, Walker Greenbank Healthcare Division, Grorud Lifts, Bison Bede Stairlifts and Eurocare Showers.
Insure your Mobility Scooter!
EU directive means they join mobility scooters and golf buggies among vehicles that must be covered
Vehicles may be included in new ruling from European Court of Justice. It follows a case involving a man hurt when his ladder was hit by a tractor
Owners of lawnmowers, mobility scooters and golf buggies may have to take out motor insurance under a new EU directive. It follows a ruling from the European Court of Justice that an accident involving a tractor trailer on private land should have been covered by compulsory insurance. Cover must now be obtained for ‘any motor vehicle intended for travel on land and propelled by mechanical power’.
Months of planning and hard work all made worth while, thank you to everyone who attended the exhibition. With anxious minds put at ease, it’s safe to say the first Trade only event was an incredible success.
The trade only business to business event for the marketplace saw hundreds of retailers visiting the show and doing business with over 140 exhibitors.
Trade Days was a great opportunity to meet new faces and also greet existing clients. Below - Aaron Sverdloff – The Scooter Club, try’s his luck on the Formula 1 simulator.
Win A Kindle!
With a chance to win a Kindle on the Formula 1 simulator; free refreshments on offer and the opportunity to win a bottle of champagne, the First Senior stand was the place to be. As hundreds of retailers passed by the hour, the stand was busy from the moment the exhibition opened to the moment it closed.
For the first Trade only event to be as successful as it was, First Senior has already booked a place for next year.
First Senior Travel Insurance
First Senior provides First Senior Specialist Travel Insurance for all worldwide destinations.
First Senior Travel provides medical travel insurance for people with pre-existing medical conditions who find difficulty in getting travel insurance elsewhere, whether it's because of medical conditions, disability or age.
First Senior medical travel insurance covers almost any pre-existing medical conditions including; Diabetes, angina, arthritis, asthma, cancer, heart conditions, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, epilepsy, stroke and many more... call Tom on 01582 840067 to get the best quotes around.
10 Reasons to have Insurance
If you're wondering why you need insurance, you've come to the right place. Here are ten of the best reasons to get insurance.
1) It's not the Law but the Department of Transport Highly Advise it. Although it is not required by law, the Department of Transport highly Advise having insurance.
2) Protect the investment you've made in your vehicle. Besides buying a home, purchasing a mobility vehicle is probably one of the biggest investments you'll ever make, so you want to do all you can to preserve it.
3) Supplement your health insurance in case of an accident. If you don't have health insurance or have minimal coverage, applying for Mobility Vehicle coverage can help you pay for collision-related medical expenses.
4) Protect your assets from liability lawsuits. Liability lawsuits for bodily injury or property damage can bring you to financial ruin if you don't have adequate protection. Liability coverage will pay for your legal defence and keep your assets out of jeopardy.
5) Cover damages to your Mobility Vehicle from unexpected events. You Mobility Vehicle could be stolen, vandalized, or damaged by weather at any time. Don't risk the losses that might ensue.
6) Make sure you have transportation after a collision. Having Mobility Insurance will include rental reimbursement coverage, which helps you pay for the cost of a rental Mobility Vehicle after you are involved in a covered accident. This way, you will have a way to get around while your Vehicle is being replaced or repaired.
7) Keep your vehicle's accessories safe. This will pay for losses in the event that your possessions are stolen.
8) Prevent an accident from forcing you into bankruptcy. One serious collision is sometimes enough to put the uninsured on the brink of bankruptcy. Without insurance, you could lose everything, and that is not worth the risk. The money you would have to spend on medical expenses, lawsuit judgments, and car repairs is well worth the investment in auto car insurance rates.
9) Peace of mind. Mobility insurance rates on quality policies can help you drive with more peace of mind because you will know that you are protected against whatever may happen to you on the road.
10) Rent a Mobility Vehicle with no hassle. If you don't have adequate insurance, you may have difficulty renting. This could limit your travel opportunities. Applying insurance can help you make sure you always have a rental as an option.
Mobililty scooters involved in nine road deaths last year.
At least nine fatal road accidents involved mobility scooters last year, official figures have revealed... Read more ...
Elderly 'ripped off' in mobility scooter market
With prices for mobility scooters as high as £6,800 there are fears users are being treated as captive market by some retailers... Read more ...
Girl, 9, suffers horrific leg break after out-of-control mobility scooter smashes into her at shop checkout.
A nine-year-old girl suffered a horrific broken leg after being hit at a checkout by an elderly woman on a runaway mobility scooter. Akeyla Pike of Corsham, Wiltshire suffered the fracture on her shin near her ankle when the woman lost control of the heavy scooter at Clarks village in Street in Somerset... Read more ...